Executive Assistant, VK Vietnam
July 2017 – present
· Act as interpreter, including:
+ Interpretation and transmission of client verbal instructions,
+ Translation of client correspondence into English and from English to Vietnamese, and creation of bi-lingual correspondence from the company to clients.
+ Act as translator for presentations on the company and project designs, to clients and organizations; for non-Vietnamese speaking company managers/ experts when meeting with clients
· Translate technical and legal documents for company use; translate documents, booklets, etc. for sending out to clients
· Draft and translate proposals and contracts
· Manage the General Director’s diary and coordinate with other senior staff diaries;
· Manage administrative works (air tickets, accommodation, logistic support etc) for General Director and Managers (local and foreigners) who are on business trips;
· Arrange meeting schedules for General Director and senior staff, board member, ect
· Create and update Hospital Database in Vietnam (FileMaker Pro)
· Search and create list of yearly oversea healthcare events
· Update and maintain client mailing address list
· Troubleshoot daily operational and administrative problems and issues
· File systematically, GD’s correspondence, reports and other documents to enable easy retrieval and reference
· Manage periodical sourcing, circulation and storage
World News Team Leader, Channel VTC16 – Vietnam Television Corporation (One of the largest State-owned Media Service in Vietnam)
October 2014 – July 2017
· Be responsible for managing world news team effectively. Create working schedule and communication plans for the team, oversee the work and supervise the day-to-day operations of the team to produce high quality daily and weekly television programs.
· Screen, translate, edit daily world news and reproduce news into video-audio versions for Vietnamese audience using multiple and high tech audio-visual editing tools such as Adobe Premier Pro CS5, Cool Edit, Wavelab, ect.
· Proactively design, develop and implement new television program formats
· Timely and effectively evaluate the channel’s television programs. Compile accurate weekly reports, weekly and monthly production plans. Support program process monitoring to ensure full compliance of the programs’ format implementation.
· Host or present television program and interview experts.
· Develop and maintain a good working relationship with press and media contacts
· Make budget plans for new television programs, overseas filming trips. Make overseas filming trip plans.
· Support in posting media content on the channel’s social media including Facebook and YouTube pages
· Translate documents/ materials.
· Successfully implemented a new format for a weekly television program, reduced the program cost by 10% in 2016
· Successfully led a visit team of 5 members to produce 4 documentaries on agricultural development in the Netherlands in 2015.
World News Team Leader, AVG An Vien Group (A Media Service specialized in Religious and Social Affairs)
November 2011 – April 2013
· Take charge of and lead the team in producing daily world news. Screen news, select relevant stories to Religious and Social Affairs, translate and reproduce the news and articles to Vietnamese video-audio versions
· Proactively contribute to the design, development and improvement of new television programs’ formats
· Translate documents/materials. Interpret at meetings
· Produce weekly reports on the work plans and progresses to the executive producers
· Successfully led the team to cover the production of an 8 minute world news for a daily news program specialized in Religious and Social Affairs
World News Editor, S Media O2TV (A Media Service specialized in Health and Wellness)
April 2008 – October 2011
· Be responsible for daily news screening, translating, editing and reproducing world news for daily television programs
· Conduct interviews with foreign experts
· Translate documents and scripts from English to Vietnamese and vice versa on request
· Liaise and arrange meetings between journalists and foreign experts on specific expertise
· Coordinate the purchase of copyrights of television shows and programs
· Made major contribution to the set up and implementation of the daily program for the brand new channel of health O2TV
· Successfully established and maintained a close working relationship between the World Health Organization (Vietnam) and O2TV Channel.
World News Editor, Vietnamnet TV (A state-owned social media company)
June 2006 – March 2008
· Select, translate, reproduce news and reports on automobiles for “Automobile – 360 degree” TV show and daily news program
· Assist the production of TV shows including preparing related documents, studio arrangement & set-up, etc.
o Fluent in English, strong communication and interpersonal skills
o Creative, open to challenges and new responsibilities
o Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office, FileMaker Pro)
o Strong media content design aptitude
o Excellent skills in screening news, selecting relevant stories, translating, editing and performing voice-over
o Strong IT aptitude, extensive knowledge of audio and video editing tools (Adobe Premier Pro CS5, Cool Edit, Wavelab…), familiar with new technologies
o High degree of integrity and compliance
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
v 2006 – 2016 : Various courses in media content, audio-video editing technologies
v 2015 – 2016 : Japanese language
v 2002 – 2006 : Bachelor of Arts, English Major
Hanoi University of Foreign Studies