Mai is a highly accomplished executive with nearly 12 years of experience in Singapore and Indochina market. She led a 0.6 million-dollar practice including 35 professionals based in Hanoi and Hochiminh, from staff to manager levels, to provide IT risk & assurance, IT risk consulting services to over 200 accounts in Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia markets. She took charge of the entire operation by developing its strategy, executing and monitoring its actual performance. The strategy consolidated various aspects of revenue target & structuring, human resources planning, recruitment, training & development, operational procedures, and technology enablement.
Majority of Mai’s portfolio are high-profile accounts within top 5 accounts of the firm. She mainly deals with C-levels for business development activities and client expectation management. She serves clients in diversified industries, ranging from banking & finance, insurance, healthcare, IT outsourcing, hospitality, casino/lottery & gaming, media & entertainment, e-commerce, manufacturing to retail. With proven success in managing large-scale and high-demand clients, she has strong mindset of IT risk universe and their impact to the business on both risk assurance and performance improvement perspectives. Mai is familiar with identifying financial, reputational, compliance, competition and operational risks associated with IT weaknesses within the operation, reviewing the existing controls (if any) and developing actions for improvements. She is well-known for being straight to the point, driven by practical solutions & committed to deliver the work at proven quality.
Qualifications & Achievements:
· Bachelor in Information Technology from University of Science – Top 10 students graduated with honor (GPA 8.5/10).
· Global Cybersoft Vietnam scholarship for outstanding students with GPA above 8.0.
· University scholarship for students maintaining GPA above 8.0.
· Vietnam Scholarship Foundation (VNSF) scholarship for students with GPA above 7.0.
· Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) – top 20% high score globally.
· Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC).
· Master of Business Administration from Maastricht MBA Program specializing in International Business and Sustainable Development – Intake 20 graduated in November 2019 – First Place in Foundation & Core Segment (Accounting, Economics, Finance & Decision Making Tools (Statistics, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning & Data Analytics)). Confident in the following subjects of the program:
- Global Supply Chain Management
- Change Management
- Marketing in a Global Context
- Leadership and Organizational Behavior
- Digital Transformation
- Global Corporate Strategy
- Corporate Social Responsibility
· Operational management skill in an international working environment evidenced via 9+ years at senior/manager/director position running a team through multiple projects to generate significant revenue.
· Stakeholder management skill to effectively fulfill expectations from BOD members, external customers, internal team members and cross-functional service lines.
· Quick-learning skill evidenced via clear tracking records from a non-audit background student growing to a key executive in an accounting firm, as well as being successful in delivering projects regardless of neither industry nor prior similar experience.
· Multi-culture adapting skill evidenced via experience in Singapore market and an international firm.
· Critical thinking and self-motivated skills demonstrated via key decisions made to achieve goals and manage team crisis.
· Leadership skill in managing key accounts, client facing, fee negotiation and team development.
· Effective team-work and high-pressure handling skills evidenced via experience in a high productive market like Singapore and via multiple large-scale engagements with tight deadlines.
· Data analytic skill via effective enablers designed using Excel or ACL for testing procedures and attractive demos presented to the clients.
· Project management skill in managing key portfolio, cross-service lines/ cross-office teams, resource optimization, project planning & monitoring.
· Public speaking skill proven through multiple client workshops receiving positive feedbacks resulted in further requests for customized training programs.
Experience (open for further elaboration about details of the projects during interview):
· Ernst & Young Vietnam Limited – Associate, Senior, Manager, Senior Manager, Director 2008-11/2009, 05/2012-01/2020
- Key projects:
- IT Due Diligence at Fintech startups
- Loyalty program fraud assessment & technology enablement for a leading conglomerate operating in various industries
- Series of on-demand IT Risk & IT Audit trainings for banking, insurance & vehicle manufacturing clients
- IT Risk & IT audit workshop for 20 banks in Vietnam
- Data Governance for a leading consumer finance
- IT Governance & IT Security Review for a leading media & entertainment group
- Internal Audit Outsourcing for a leading general insurance company
- Third Party Assessment/ Vendor Due Diligence for a leading Australia bank
- Operational standardization for a professional service line
- IT Risk Assurance for various clients in banking & finance, insurance, healthcare, IT outsourcing, hospitality, casino/lottery & gaming, media & entertainment, e-commerce, manufacturing, retail
· Ernst & Young Advisory Pte Ltd – Singapore – Associate, Senior Associate 12/2009-04/2012
- Key projects:
- SSAE16 reporting service for a leading printing service provider in Singapore
- ISAE3402 reporting service for a leading IT service provider in Singapore
- IT Due Diligence for a Japanese conglomerate
- Certification service for an e-commerce company
- IT Risk Assurance for clients in banking and insurance